Are you interested in learning a new language or meeting new people? Rotary Youth Exchange is the opportunity of a lifetime for the more than 8,000 students who participate each year. By sharing your own culture and embracing a new one, you help foster global understanding -- and learn a great deal about yourself and your home country in the process.
What is Rotary Youth Exchange?
Youth Exchange is a study-abroad opportunity for young people who spend anywhere from a few weeks to a full year as an international student hosted by local Rotary clubs.
Is an Exchange Right for Me?
Exchanges are for people ages 15 to 19 who:
- Have demonstrated leadership in their school and community
- Are flexible and willing to try new things
- Are open to cultural differences
- Can serve as an ambassador for their own country
How Much Does it Cost?
Costs vary from country to country. Local Rotary clubs generously host students and provide room and board with a host family and a small monthly stipend. Participants are generally responsible for:
- Fees (contact the Chairperson at YouthExchange@Rotary7750.org for more information)
- Round-trip airfare
- Travel documents (such as passports and visas)
- Spending money, additional travel, and tour fees
How Can I Apply?
Complete the online application Because the selection and orientation process can be lengthy, we suggest you apply early. The application deadline is November 30th. Interviews are held in late December or early January.
For more information, contact a local Rotary club near you or email the District 7750 Youth Exchange Chairperson
or Complete a Rotary Youth Exchange Long Term Application
Rotary Youth Exchange Long Term Brochure
Rotary Youth Exchange Short Term Brochure
Rotary Youth Exchange Handbook
Follow current Rotary Exchange Students from our District